How do you iron the collar of a shirt?
- The collar should be “popped” by unfolding it and laying it flat on the ironing board with the back of the collar facing up. Spray a generous amount of water onto the collar and allow it to soak in for around 30 seconds. To iron a collar, start at the centre and work your way outwards to the collar points.
How do you make a shirt collar step by step?
- Collar pieces should be reinforced using fusible interfacing. Finish stitching the long collar seam and the short edge seams.
- Trim and turn the collar.
- Press the collar. Trim any Seam Allowances on the Collar Stand before attaching the collar.
- Press your collar again to ensure it is well fastened.
How do you make a notched collar?
Clothing producers employ a similar technique to generate a polished appearance.
- Attach the undercollar that has been constructed to the jacket neck edge. Attach the jacket facing to the jacket. Sew the front edges together. Trim and understitch the edges of the front panel. Sew the corners together. Clip the seam allowances of the collars on a regular basis and press them open. Make a finish on the lapel.