Making a tote bag out of a T-shirt is simple and inexpensive.
- Lay your t-shirt flat on a table or other flat surface and smooth out any creases. Identify the most appropriate places to cut around the collar and sleeves. To start cutting, start at the point where you indicated on the t-shirt. Reduce the size of the neckline and sleeves.
How do you make a tote bag out of a T-shirt?
- Step 1: Remove the sleeves from the shirt. In order to fold the t-shirt in half, you can cut both sleeves at the same time so that they are the same length. Measure and cut the neckline area.
- Step 3: Determine how deep you want your bag to be.
- Step 4: Cut fringe.
- Step 5: Tie the fringe.
How do you make a long sleeve shirt into a bag?
- Turn the inside of your long-sleeved shirt inside out. If necessary, trim away any extra material from the bottom. Leave a 1/4-inch seam allowance and sew it closed. Turn it over so that the correct side is facing up. Close the openings of the sleeves by sewing them together with an invisible stitch. Finish with a few final touches and then sit back and relax!
How do you make a bag out of a flannel shirt?
Turn the inside of your long-sleeved shirt inside out; When trimming the bottom, remove any extra material. Sew it shut with a seam allowance left over. Right-side-up, of course. The openings of the sleeves should be joined together using an invisible thread. Finish with a few final touches and then sit back and relax.
- Remove the sleeves and sew the front of the dress closed. Turn the shirt inside out and stitch the bottom of the shirt together. Cut one of the sleeves all the way down the middle until you reach the cuff. Make a half-fold with right sides together and pin the two sleeve parts together.