What is the proper way to size a men’s dress shirt?
- Grasp the tape measure and wrap it around your neck just below the adam’s apple to secure it. The length you measure will be used to determine the neck size, which will be used to determine the dress shirt size as well. Let’s suppose the measurement is 16 inches
- I prefer to round up a size to say 16.5 inches to make it more comfortable. It’s that simple, right? The sleeve length is the next measurement to make when buying a men’s dress shirt.
What size is a 32 33 mens dress shirt?
Shirts for Formal Events When looking at a dress shirt size, the first number on the size tag relates to the neck size, and the second number refers to the sleeve length, as seen in the image below. For example, a shirt labeled “15 12 32/33” would indicate that the male wears a 15 12 inch neck size and sleeves that are 32 or 33 inches in length.
How do I measure my dress shirt size?
What to Look for When Choosing Your Dress Shirt Size
- Take a measurement of the circumference of your neck. Place a fabric tape measure around the base of your neck, where the collar of your shirt would ordinarily lie. Increase the circumference of your neck measurement. Completely measure the length of your sleeves. Take Your Waist Measurement. Find out if your body is in good shape.
How do I pick the right size shirt?
How to Determine Your Optimal T-Shirt Sizing!
- Step 1: Decide on your kind
- Step 2: Take your chest measurement. You’ll need to take your chest measurement at its widest point in order to acquire the right measurement. 3rd Step: Measure your Length
- 4th Step: Measure your Waist
- 5th Step: Refer to the Size Chart
What does 16 mean on a dress shirt?
16 is a medium to large size. 16.5 is considered to be large. 17 is a size between large and extra large. 17.5 is considered Extra Large.