What is the best way to construct a shirt collar?
- 1) Select a pattern in the desired style from the available options. Collars are available in a variety of styles and sizes, and they are typically incorporated into the design of a shirt or dress rather than being a separate item. 2) Decide on the cloth you’d want to use to make the collar. 3) To cut out the collar pieces, follow the instructions on the paper pattern that came with your pattern. Build the paper pattern pieces that you’ll need to make your collar by following the directions on the package. 4) Iron interfacing onto the back of one collar piece.
How do you sew on a collar?
- Collar pieces should be reinforced using fusible interfacing. Finish stitching the long collar seam and the short edge seams.
- Trim and turn the collar.
- Press the collar. Trim any Seam Allowances on the Collar Stand before attaching the collar.
- Press your collar again to ensure it is well fastened.
How do you attach a collar to a jacket?
Furnish collar pieces with fusible interfacing. Finish stitching the long collar seam; stitching the short edge seams; trimming and turning the collar. ; Pressing the collar Trim any Seam Allowances on the Collar Stand before attaching the collar. ;Press your collar again after attaching the collar.