What do you wear with a button-down shirt in the summer?
- For a more relaxed situation, dress down your button-down shirt with an oversized cashmere sweater, allowing the sleeves to peek out, and straight-leg jeans to elevate your off-duty look.
Learn how to rock your oversized shirt like you’re the coolest girl in the boardroom — or the bar.
- Wear it with a midi skirt and loafers, or tuck it into high-waisted pants.
- Show it out by wearing it off the shoulder. Use Billowy Sleeves and a Chunky Cardigan to keep things sweet yet chic.
- Let the Sleeves Do All the Talking.
- Pay Close Attention to the Color Palette.
11 Different Ways to Dress Up a Plain Button-Down Shirt
- Using a crop top, go oversize and accessorize. Layering it under a summer dress, or letting it hang off your shoulders. Pair it with a pair of pants. It can be given a high-fashion upgrade. It can be given an edge by playing with shape. Leave it open and fasten it with a belt.
What is oversized fit?
In fashion, the phrase “oversized” is reserved for garments with the broadest possible fit and no discernible body definition. It conjures up images of slouch, bulk, and a lack of structure. An oversized fit is the most fashionable and edgy of all the fit options. Once you’ve gotten the hang of wearing big clothing, it’s all about the proportions.
How to Wear a Black Button-Up Shirt (with Pictures)
- Jeans and a black tee-shirt are required. However, while this might be a pleasing appearance, it can also be a tragedy. Boots and Chinos with a Sweater
- Untucked. Button-down shirt in black worn with a suit.
- Black dress shirt and dress trousers.