10 Effortlessly Chic Ways to Style a Collared Shirt
- Select the Oversized option. Consider ordering a size (or two) larger than you normally would for a button-down shirt with a narrow fit if you are used to wearing them. Go for it, lads. Try it with a pair of thin shorts. Please have some fun with prints. Dare to wear a low V-neckline. Dress casually in pique polos and layer, layer, layer! Denim is unfailingly stylish.
- 1 What goes well with a collared shirt?
- 2 Why do collared shirts look good?
- 3 Can you wear a collared shirt with joggers?
- 4 How do you layer a crewneck?
- 5 Should I button my collar?
- 6 Is it OK to wear a spread collar without a tie?
- 7 When should you wear a button-down collar?
- 8 How do I get my shirt collar to stay down?
- 9 What are the types of collars?
- 10 What are collar stays used for?
What goes well with a collared shirt?
polo shirt and trousers are the perfect combination.
- Jeans that are always in style. Polo shirts are easy to toss on with your favorite pair of jeans for a more casual style that can be worn every day. Joggers with a slim fit.
- Tailored shorts.
- Cargo pant.
Why do collared shirts look good?
Collared shirts are available in a variety of styles that are appropriate for both business and informal settings. Collared shirts have a crisp, polished, and stylish appearance, making them an excellent choice for the modern guy. There’s always the sense that you’re ready to do business when you’re with them.
Can you wear a collared shirt with joggers?
Collared shirts with buttons up the front are frequently seen as being a little too fancy for casual use. Button your shirt all the way up for a somewhat more smart-casual appearance (with the exception of the top button if you so desire). Choose a pair of joggers in a navy or dark hue and match them with a neutral oxford shirt to complete the look.
How do you layer a crewneck?
If you want to dress it up, layer your crewneck over a button-down shirt. Consider layering a button-down shirt underneath your crewneck if you want to wear it to work instead of a sweater. Extrude the collar of your button-down shirt from the crewneck so that the top of the shirt is visible. Check to see that your collar is centered and folded down properly.
A button-down shirt’s collar should always be buttoned, whether or not you’re wearing a tie to go with it. This is the one and only “rule” that applies when it comes to button-down shirts. Even if you leave the collar undone, it will not transform into an impromptu point collar suitable for more formal events. Instead, it will appear disorganized and uneducated.
Is it OK to wear a spread collar without a tie?
Consider a semi-spread collar shirt to be your go-to business casual option. The distance between the collar points is lower than the distance between the collar points in a full spread, making it even more dynamic. It’s typically considered more casual, and you may choose whether or not to wear a tie with it.
In the case of short-sleeved shirts, button-down collars work nicely. However, button-down collar shirts are at their best when they’re dressed down in comparison to a formal suit. You can absolutely slip one on with a pair of jeans and call it a day, but a button-down collar shirt also looks great with a sport coat and an unusual trouser combination as well as without.
How do I get my shirt collar to stay down?
Spread the collar of the garment out on the ironing board before pressing it. To ensure that the collar maintains its flat appearance, use a steam iron set at the maximum temperature advised on the label. Repeat the ironing process on the other side of the collar by flipping the garment over. Iron the collar a second time after lightly spraying it with starch.
What are the types of collars?
Choosing the Right Collar – The Complete Guide to Collar Styles
- A variety of collars are available, including the Convertible Collar, the Sailor Collar, the Turtle Neck, the Notched Collar, the Shirt Collar, the Rounded Flat Collar, the Wing Collar, and the Chelsea Collar.
What are collar stays used for?
In the case of dress shirts, collar stays are flat, inflexible pieces of metal (or plastic) that are put into the sleeve openings on the underside of the collar. They function by maintaining the smooth and flat appearance of the collar. Moreover, they provide additional weight and support, allowing you to maintain your collar precisely straight and crisp for several hours.